Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

NEW BOOK - For my country: Why I blew the whistle on Zuma and the Guptas [Author: Themba Maseko; Publisher: Jonathan Ball Publishers, May 2021]

Title: 
For my country: why I blew the whistle on Zuma and the Guptas
 
Author: 
Themba Maseko 
 
Publisher: 
Jonathan Ball Publishers, May 2021
[Format: Paperback; eBook] 
 
ISBN: 
9781776190539
 
eBook ISBN:
9781776190546]
 
From the book:
"When I joined the struggle as a 13-year-old boy in Soweto, I would never have imagined that one day I would blow the whistle on a special kind of corruption that was destroying the party and the values I had been fighting for all my life."  
 
In 2010, government spokesperson Themba Maseko was called to the Gupta family’s Saxonwold compound and asked by Ajay Gupta to divert the government’s entire advertising budget to the family’s media company. When Maseko refused to do so, he was removed from his position and forced to leave the public service.  The life of this once-proud civil servant would never be the same again.